Saturday, November 29, 2008

high fly'n sails

Parke Cooper is a very good client of mine and yesterday he invited me offshore in his center console. Parke is an extremely versatile fisherman, he has landed #150 pound tarpon on fly from the bow of a skiff, and now he is taking me out on his immaculate 261 Mako to kite fish for sails. It was a picture perfect day, with a great friend. We used goggle eyes on circle hooks, 4 sails hooked and released 2. It was a very cool experience for a flyfishing guide that rarely makes it more then a couple miles offshore. The targeted area was just south of the St. Lucie inlet, if you are interested in chasing sailfish out of the Stuart area I would contact Capt. Scotty Fawcett on the Boneshaker at www.boneshakercharters.com





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Right on man, when did you shoot these? I've always wanted to kite fish. BTW, have you targeted sails on fly yet?

StuartFlyfishing said...

I have caught a couple sails on fly while live chumming in the summer for the little tunny or as most in the northeast call them false albacore. I took these shots last weekend.