Friday, May 22, 2009

what the Tweet!


Here is a photo I took on my last nice weather day here a week ago.


Everywhere I turn I hear about "tweeting" on twitter, so curiosity got the best of me and I checked it out today. Now I must admit it is not the first time I have been on twitter, about 5 months ago one of the followers of this blog told me about twitter and suggested that I started "tweeting". I checked it out and at that time did not really get it? Now on the other hand, I am much wiser to this social networking thing and I do get it! It is quick and easy and very informative. I love this blog and it has been a great source of entertainment for both me and you the reader but, the biggest complaint is that I don't post often enough. Problem solved, a mini blog, known as twitter. It takes time for me to post something here, I have to edit photos, try to come up with something creative to write and then put it all together, total time is usually over a couple hours per post. On twitter I can type something in about 2 minutes and keep all my clients and fishing buds up to speed. Now don't worry this is definitely not the end of this blog, just another tool for you to stay in touch with what I am up to in between blog postings. Like for example, over the last 5 days I could have "tweeted" that it has rained like hell here and I have lost 5 charters. This is the unfortunate reality to my job. However, the weather is getting better and hopefully tomorrow I can "tweet": (Great day, jumped 2 tarpon and landed a bunch of snook.) You get the idea.
Many of you are already on twitter and you know how it works you just have to sign on as a friend of mine. If you have never been on twitter give it 5 minutes sign up and follow what I am doing on a daily basis. I consider everyone I fish with a friend and I am giving you open invite into my day to day life. My user name on twitter is StuartFlyfishin but I think you can just search my name John Meskauskas to locate me. You can also "tweet" back if you like and let me know what you are up to. The one negative I have found with twitter is locating people. I know it is because my main email is not done through Gmail or Yahoo or any of these other main stream emails, so please look me up and follow my "tweets"


my guide service website http://stuartflyfishing.com/
my photography website http://pbase.com/stuartflyfishing

No comments: