Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tarpon quickie


This is another quickie, I have a few minutes before I have to leave for my charter. These shots are from the last week, the tarpon fishing was good yesterday following a few tough days when the cloud cover and south wind were hard to overcome. The beach has been full of big jacks still and some cobia, we did get a nice 38 pound cobia on a Hogy 9 inch skinny a couple days ago.
I am still on the quest for the perfect jumping tarpon picture but I thought I would share with you my progress. I am adding a Nikon D90 to the family so look for my wide angle stuff to be shot from that and my telephoto action stuff will still be shot by my incredibly fast D300.
Next week I have 5 straight days with Nick and Nicole from Fly Max Films out of Canada and joining us will be my buddy Rob McAbee from Bug Slinger. It should be a very cool week with lots of stills and video in the near future so stay tuned. I have to go, I think I smell the tarpon.













my guide service website http://stuartflyfishing.com/
my photography website http://pbase.com/stuartflyfishing

No comments: