Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Time Blues


Once again I find myself apologizing for not posting in some time. I guess you can say I have had the winter time blues. I have gotten to the point where if I don't have any cool photos to post I find myself not posting at all. However after catching enough crap from some of you I decided that I need to at least share with you guys what's been going on. The fishing has been excellent, mostly just solid action with bluefish, pompano, ladyfish, and spanish mackerel. The exciting stuff is right around the corner, it won't be long before you will be seeing posts about giant jacks, permit, and cobia. As many of you have heard we had way below normal temperatures in south Florida this winter and yes we did have a fish kill, mostly snook and sand perch. It really is not known exactly how bad the snook population was hurt? I think this summer will be a good barometer. Thank goodness Stuart has such a variety of fish to bend the rod.
In other news, myself and Mike Holliday are again going to host the Fly Fishing Film Tour in Stuart. It will be held at the Lyric theatre again and this year will include more saltwater films including one featuring the Stuart area and yours truly. Details about the show date, ticket sales, etc. will be posted soon. I look forward to a bigger and better event then last year, it will definitely be a "do not miss".
I am looking forward to seeing you all this up coming year.
John








my guide service website http://stuartflyfishing.com
my photography website http://pbase.com/stuartflyfishing

No comments: